Data Recovery Services, Phuket Lab, Thailand
I cannot access my files — what do I do?
If you cannot access your data, the first thing you need to do is to power the media down. It might prevent the physical damage from spreading further or prevent the operating sytem from overwriting your lost files. Do not try to boot from the damaged hard drive! Then please consult our growing list of the most common cases and symptoms. It might help you to recognize the problem, explain it to others and make the right decision. If you are absolutely sure there is no physical damage to the media, you can try to use the data recovery software available on the market, but only if you are able to connect the media as the secondary drive to another, working computer. If the physical failure is suspected, if the software did not recover what you need, or if you don't feel comfortable trying it yourself — call us!
Why we can help you?
We have extensive knowledge of storage technologies. Our lab is equipped with specialized equipment, including proper clean chamber. We are able to work with hard drives in so-called "factory mode", where we can do low-level diagnostics and repair operations; this technology is not available to the regular computer service companies and is not used in user-level recovery software. While others use tools, we develop tools, writing custom software to handle new hard drive families and obscure data formats. And last but not least, we believe what accuracy and ingenuity are the key!
Shipping the media to us
If you have a media for data recovery, in Phuket we can send our staff to pick it up or meet you at some convenient location, or you can bring it to our office. From other provinces (we have customers all over Thailand, mostly from Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Had Yai) you can ship it to us using EMS mail service from most post offices — it is cheap (about 70 baht for a hard drive package), reliable and convenient. Normally, the package will reach us in two days. EMS package can be tracked online. Another option for urgent shipping is Thai Airways Cargo Service. Please make sure what you package is waterproof and plenty of padding foam is protecting the drive from all sides. Package boxes and foam are available at the post offices.
- The price is agreed with you after the diagnostics and before recovery. No hidden commitments.
- If the data cannot be recovered, there is no charge except shipping costs. No fine print conditions involved.
- In the rare cases when we cannot recover your data, we will be happy to direct you to our partners, but we never outsource drives for recovery without explicit permission from the customer.
- We can guarantee you 100% confidentiality — not a single bit of your data will leave our office without your permission. Standard non-disclosure agreement can be signed upon request.
- Our ability to recover data does not mean you drive will be returned back to you in working condition.
Our statistics: we were able to recover at least some data in 85% of cases. In other 10% the costs of the recovery were high (over $1000) and the customer has cancelled the request. Last 5% were the hard disks damaged beyond repair.
Be our partner
If you have an established IT company in Thailand, we invite you to become our data recovery agent. Please write an email to [email protected] for further details.